A lead is a person who has indicated an interest in your company’s services or products in some way, shape, or form.
Lead generation is the MARKETING PROCESS of stimulating and capturing interest in your products or services for the purpose of developing a sales funnel and converting those leads into customers. Lead generation can also be used for the non-profit sector to drive people to your events and donation page/campaign.
You see, the [online] buying process has changed drastically, and businesses need to find new ways to reach buyers and get heard through the noise and competition. Instead of finding customers with mass advertising methods, small businesses must now focus on being found and learn to build continuous relationships with buyers in hopes of building trust and earning their continued loyalty (lead nurturing).
Below are 3 ways you can begin your lead generation strategy to build your email list and convert those leads into loyal followers and buyers.
1. Create A Killer Opt-in: Offering a free gift in exchange for an email address is common practice now and it works! It builds relationships and it so easy to do. Find a topic your audience would gobble up and write some compelling information about it for people to download. Your freebie can be a checklist, eGuide, template, case study, video, etc. We use Leadpages to deliver our freebies. Click HERE to get your free 14 day trial and get a tour of the platform to see if it’s right for you and your biz.
2. Host A Webinar or Facebook Live: Ahhh, I know this can be a little daunting if you’re shy but doing live video can seriously boost your engagement. Talk about a new product you’re offering or a course you’re launching. People love video and a bonus is you can interact with your audience and answer questions right on the spot.
If you decide to go this route, make sure to direct traffic to a place where they can sign up or purchase. Preferably a landing page with ONLY that product/service/course/etc. on it. This method increases conversion because there will be only 1 thing for your prospect to focus on.
3. Use Pop-Up Modals On Your Website: Look, here’s the thing, a lot of people say they hate pop-ups but that is only because they’re not using them the right way. When they’re implemented properly, they can work extremely well in getting significant boosts in subscription rates.
Here are a few tips on how to use your pop-up the right way:
- Use the trigger setting to have your pop-up appear at a specific time and place on your website. Don’t have it pop-up on every page and every website visit.
- Use it as an exit intent. Before someone closes a page, make your pop-up appear with a *don’t miss out* offer.
- Make it look clean + professional. Brand your pop-up to your website and use benefit-driven headlines alongside relevant images.
- Use paid opt-in software (like Leadpages). This is because paid platforms offer upgraded services like tracking, integration with your email marketing software, Google analytics, and Facebook, notifications, and INSTANT lead magnet (or your killer opt-in) delivery. It truly pays to invest in a service like this so all your tools are in one place. Click below to start a free trial.